Demjansk shield Armelschild Demjansk
- BrandsPara Bellum Shop
- Product Code: SCDTTDMJ
DEMJANSK BATTLE COMMEMORATIVE SHIELD (Demjanskschild)
Established April 25, 1943 to reward the winners of the defensive battle for the Demjansk encirclement from 8 February 1942 until their release April 21, 1942 and accompanied by a certificate and recorded on Wehrpass and Soldbuch. The sole holder of the endorsement of the certificate of the award was the General der Infanterie Brockdorff-Ahlefeldt. The shield was applied on the upper part of the left sleeve of the jacket, for the SS above the eagle, and the assignment ended on December 31, 1943.
- 60 days of honorable service inside the encircle;
- injured or suffering from freezing inside the encircle;
- to be awarded with a decoration for merit fighting during the encirclement;
- 50 combat missions over the encircle;
- 50 refueling missions with landing inside the encircle.